Order Notifier is a free software created to increase orders and decrease costs for restaurants.
It enables restaurants to receive instant notifications of new orders.
Using Order Notifier, you can:
- receive notifications about new orders by a desktop pop-up and an audio alert
- view details of orders, including order products, customer information, delivery address
- print out orders
- accept orders and select delivery time or reject orders
- view and print past orders from the last 24 hours
Install Order Notifier step by step on Your Computer
Install Java if you don't have it installed on your computer
- Launch the Order Notifier Application
- If you use Chrome, the browser may ask you to confirm download of the file, click "Keep" button to confirm
- Open the downloaded file - the Order Notifier will start installation automatically
- During the launch process, you will see a JAVA pop-up window with a message: "Do you want to run this application?"
- Select the check-box "Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above" and click the "Run" button
- Configure Order Notifier
- Select a language
- Copy a restaurant code and paste it in the "Restaurant Code" field
- Copy a license key that you received and paste it in the "License Key" field Make sure that the whole license key has been copied.
- Click the "Apply" button
- If the restaurant code and license key are valid, you will see an alert message "Configuration was successfully applied"
- The Order Notifier has been successfully installed and you are ready to receive orders
Order Notifier requires:
- Operating System: a PC running Windows XP or later; a Mac OS X Lion or later; Linux (Detailed information are available at system requirements for Java 7
- 130 MB of free disk space (2 MB for the Order Notifier App and about 150 MB for Java Runtime)
- Internet connection for software download, new order notifications and updates
- Internet Browser (Internet Explorer 7 and above, Firefox 3.6 and above, Safari, Chrome)
Order Notifier will be automatically started each time your computer boots. It means you don't need to open it when you turn on your computer.
Please always make sure that sound on your computer is turned on and not muted so that you can hear the new order alert.
After Order Notifier is installed and set up, click on the desktop icon or tray icon to open the desktop interface.
Desktop interface allows you to:
- View orders from the last 24 hours
- Check and change settings of Order Notifier such as a language, restaurant code and license key
- View the User Guide
- Quit the program
The actual order processing takes place in the web browser interface.
You can access it via a new order notification pop-up or by clicking on "View orders" button on the desktop interface.
The web browser interface for Order Notifier consists of Order List Page and Order Details Page.
Order List Page
On the Order List there is an overview of your orders. Please note, that the orders displayed there are from the last 24 hours.
New orders are always visible on the top of the list with the status "Pending".
Click "Open" button to go to the Order Details Page to view and process an order.
Order Details Page
On Order Details Page there is all the information about an order.
It consists of 4 sections:
- Order Products with the list of product items, their prices, total order price (as well as additional items like VAT, delivery price etc.)
- Order Information which includes basic order details such as order code, time user placed an order, expected delivery time, payment type, optional order comment from customer
- Customer Information with customer's first and last name, their mobile number and delivery address
- Action section where you can accept or reject an order (only in case of pending orders)
1. New order
When a customer places an order, you are immediately notified about it by:
- a notification pop-up
- an alert sound that rings until you open a new order by clicking on the notification pop-up
- the tray icon switches to "pending order" status
Once you see the notification pop-up, click on it. A new tab or window of your browser will be opened.
If you have more than one pending order, you will see the Order List Page.
If you have one pending order, you will see the Order Details Page.
2. Confirming order
When you are on Order Details Page of a pending order, you can confirm an order:
- Accept an order by selecting an estimated delivery time - you can either use buttons with a predefined delivery time or type a custom delivery time
- You will see the expected delivery time which are known to customer while placing an order - please make sure a delivery time is as close as possible to the expected delivery time. You should never deliver late.
- In case of pick-up, you just have to accept an order without selecting a delivery time
- In case you have to reject an order, open a "Reject" tab and select a reject reason (order rejection can only happen if it is justified, please try to avoid it as much as possible)
What happens when a customer places order when I am offline?
In case you are offline, for instance due to internet connection problems, and there are new orders sent to you in the meantime, you will be notified about them as soon as you are online again. The rule is simple: each time you open the Order Notifier, you are notified about all pending orders.